Becoming a foster parent for Mutt Love Rescue is one of the most important ways that you can help the dogs in our care and it saves lives! We may not have been able to rescue the dog you have taken in had you not stepped forward. It takes a special person to be a foster parent. Whether you foster tiny puppies, an adult dog, or an elderly, sick or abused dog, they all need the TLC that only a foster parent can provide. The care received in the comfort of your home can get the dogs back on track and boost their chances of being placed in a loving permanent home faster. We are always in need of loving, responsible foster parents.
In fostering, you are providing a dog an opportunity to find a home that, without you, s/he would not have had. The length of commitment varies; some dogs require a few days or weeks, some require several months. The dogs taken into our program do not have a time limit, they are safe until a permanent home is found. If you are unable to foster for an indefinite time period, we often have a need for temporary fosters.
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent, there are only a few steps to take.
- Submit an application, noting it as "foster" (you must be at least 21 years of age to be a foster parent).
- Attend an adoption event with a copy of your application for interviews.
- Agree to a home visit and, if applicable, a vet reference.
When you are approved --
Mutts will provide:
- Food (if requested)
- Crates (if needed)
- All veterinary care at a Mutts-approved vet
- Heartworm preventative
- 24/7 support in emergencies
Foster dog will provide:
- Great companionship
- Unconditional love
- Unending gratitude
- A safe and loving environment for your foster dog until s/he finds a permanent home
- Transportation to/from adoption events (preferably at least 2 per month) and to any necessary vet appointments
- A rescued pet with a second chance at life!
At Mutts, we very much appreciate your efforts and recognize that you are providing an invaluable gift to our dogs and contribution to our mission.
MUTT LOVE RESCUE